See the Museum
Photos of Gaylord's
Main Street
Barns of Otsego
Driving Tour of
Historic Sites
Photo Gallery
Endowment Fund
Oral History
About Us

The Gaylord Story - Page 4

The old Courthouse was located on the south side of Main Street's 200 Block.

Deemed to be structurally unsound, the old Courthouse was demolished in 1967.



The new City-County building was dedicated in 1968.  A throng of people from the county celebrated its proud addition to the Alpine Village motif.
City Hall was a prominent building in the heart of downtown.  Since 1912, it housed the fire department, the library, city offices, and an auditorium.  Thought to be structurally unsound, It was razed and in its place is now a parking lot.

[Return to Home Page] [Next Page]

Otsego County
Historical Society

320 W. Main St.
Gaylord, Michigan

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1223
Gaylord, MI  49734

(989) 732-4568


2000-2009 Otsego County Historical Society, Inc.

Visit the Otsego Community Connection Website

Hit Counter .