See the Museum
Photos of Gaylord's
Main Street
Barns of Otsego
County
Articles/Written
History
Driving Tour of
Historic Sites
Photo Gallery
Endowment Fund
Oral History
Links
About Us

The Gaylord Story - Page 5

The Glasser building has dominated the central square of the southeast corner of Main and Court Streets for about a 50 year period.
The owner of the Glasser building hired Beth Zorn, an architect from Birmingham, whose design features blue shutters, and Edelweiss flowers.
In the 100 block on the south side of Main Street is Hogan's Jewelry and Mooney's Sporting Goods Shop in the center.  These buildings were purchased and totally revamped as seen in the following photo.
The buildings shown in the above photo were replaced by the Pendleton Shop and the Alpine Sport Shop.  The Alphorn Shop features a flower box balcony and the alphorns mounted on the front of the building.

[Return to Home Page] [Next Page]


Otsego County
Historical Society

320 W. Main St.
Gaylord, Michigan

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1223
Gaylord, MI  49734

(989) 732-4568

 

2000-2009 Otsego County Historical Society, Inc.

Visit the Otsego Community Connection Website

Hit Counter .