See the Museum
Photos of Gaylord's
Main Street
Barns of Otsego
County
Articles/Written
History
Driving Tour of
Historic Sites
Photo Gallery
Endowment Fund
Oral History
Links
About Us

The Gaylord Story - Page 8

Glen Electric and Furniture Store as it appeared in the late 1960s.
 

The same building after adopting the Alpine look.

 

 

Just down the street notice the building on the far left.  It was owned by General Telephone Company.
GTE's remodeled structure features stucco siding and an A-frame over the doorway.  This is an example of a large nation-wide utility company taking part in making Main Street alpine in nature.
The east end of the 100 block on Main Street seen here with in the winter time.
The same block of buildings after being remodeled.

[Return to Home Page] [Next Page]


Otsego County
Historical Society

320 W. Main St.
Gaylord, Michigan

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1223
Gaylord, MI  49734

(989) 732-4568

 

2000-2009 Otsego County Historical Society, Inc.

Visit the Otsego Community Connection Website

Hit Counter .