See the Museum
Photos of Gaylord's
Main Street
Barns of Otsego
County
Articles/Written
History
Driving Tour of
Historic Sites
Photo Gallery
Endowment Fund
Oral History
Links
About Us

The Gaylord Story - Page 6

This complex of eight buildings was located on the south side of the 100 block of Main Street.  Five of the eight stores were vacant at the time Gaylord State Bank purchased and razed them to make room for their new bank building.
Gaylord State Bank.  The left side of the building is an A-frame featuring cut fieldstone.  On the right is a 3-story office building with a clock tower, flower boxes, balconies, and stucco finish.
A typical 1950s back alley.
That same alley now has a flower garden, paved parking lot, and underground utilities.  This improvement project was made possible by the cooperation of all the merchants within that block.

[Return to Home Page] [Next Page]


Otsego County
Historical Society

320 W. Main St.
Gaylord, Michigan

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1223
Gaylord, MI  49734

(989) 732-4568

 

2000-2009 Otsego County Historical Society, Inc.

Visit the Otsego Community Connection Website

Hit Counter .