Permits With a Purpose
Soil Erosion and
•If less than 225 square feet of soil will be disturbed and sediment will not reach
a lake or stream, you can apply for a waiver.
• Disturb soil within 500 feet of a lake or stream*
• Disturb 1 or more acres of land*
• Disturb any soil within 50 feet of a lake or stream (shoreland permit)
• Residential soil erosion permits: $150
• Commercial soil erosion permits: $300 + $50 for each additional acre
• Shoreland Permits: $100
In Otsego Count you need a soil permit if you plan to:
You may need to obtain more than one permit!
If you are conducting an earth-moving activity in Otsego County you may
need more than one permit depending on what you plan to do and where.