Chester Township was established October
10, 1888. The original hall was located at the S.E. corner of
M-32 and Oley Lake Road.
When that building was no longer able to
be used due to deterioration, it was closed and the King School, located
directly across the street served as township hall and school.
Due to maintenance costs and
deterioration of the old King School, the present building was acquired
from Big Lake School in January of 1967.
The old Chester Township Hall.
The township still owns the property
where the old King School was located, however the building was
demolished for safety reasons.
The Chester Township Hall today.
The current hall was renovated and an
addition was built in 1997. A Capitol Improvement Fund was
established and over a period of years money was put into this fund for
the hall addition and renovation project.